Monday, June 14, 2010

Symptoms Of Twisted Bowel In Babies



... "Once there were some written against me, in my country. This is not me suffer because I know that happens to public figures to receive attacks. But the Incredibly, there were no written against those who, instead, was responsible for the increased cancer in the land, against those who had massacred the land, and then I've often wondered: is it possible that a writer is held responsible, I have a fault for telling these things, and is given the responsibility to those who have committed?
The writer in this sense has an immense responsibility: the responsibility to listen to what he says, the stories he chooses to tell stories, not as far, far away. Of course I'm talking about a particular literature, in my case it was to tell the realtà.Il the writer's task is to hear those people, that blood, those innocent deaths as something that belongs to the reader Swedish, Russian, Chinese, something that is happening right now, just when you read those pages. I am often says, but it is possible that you are obsessed only with blood, only by the ferocity? In reality it is not: I think that anyone in his heart, a conception of what beauty is, what is the chance to live free and love, can not stand the stench of compromise, corruption, the devastation of their land. This is why I like to say, to paraphrase Albert Camus: There is beauty and there is hell, I - as I remain true-to both. "
Roberto Saviano, speech at the Academy of Sweden, The Beauty and hell.

0 comments:

Post a Comment